Republican Welfare Reform Plan
Committee members heard testimony on the Republican welfare reform plan. The plan was previously passed by the House.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Merrill Bateman Bishop Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Robert Carleson Representative Free Congress Research and Education Foundation
- John Carr Secretary National Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Marlow Cook Chairman Goodwill Industries International
- Terry Cross Executive Director National Indian Child Welfare Assn.
- Peter Ferrara Representative National Center for Policy Analysis
- David Liederman Executive Director Child Welfare League of America
- Mary Rose McGeady President Covenant House
- Kate Michelman President National Abortion and Reprod.Rights Action League
- Gwen Daye Richardson Co-Founder Minority Mainstream
- Donald Roberts President and CEO Goodwill Industries International
- Audrey Rowe Executive Vice President National Urban League
- Penny Young Director Concerned Women for America->Legislative Affairs
Committee members heard testimony on ways to improve the welfare system in America.
The Senate Finance Committee held a hearing on proposals to change Social Security including various plans that…
Supplemental Security Income Program
Committee members heard testimony on the Supplemental Security Income Program. Supplemental Security Income…
Affirmative Action Alternatives
Panelists discussed alternatives to the current affirmative action programs that still ensure that discrimination…