Republican Welfare Reform Plan
Committee members heard testimony on the Republican welfare reform plan. The plan was previously passed by the House.
People in this video
- Bateman, Merrill Bishop Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Carleson, Robert Representative Free Congress Research and Education Foundation
- Carr, John Secretary National Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Cook, Marlow Chairman Goodwill Industries International
- Cross, Terry Executive Director National Indian Child Welfare Assn.
- Ferrara, Peter Representative National Center for Policy Analysis
- Liederman, David Executive Director Child Welfare League of America
- McGeady, Mary Rose President Covenant House
- Michelman, Kate President National Abortion and Reprod.Rights Action League
- Richardson, Gwen Daye Co-Founder Minority Mainstream
- Roberts, Donald President and CEO Goodwill Industries International
- Rowe, Audrey Executive Vice President National Urban League
- Young, Penny Director Concerned Women for America->Legislative Affairs
Committee members heard testimony on ways to improve the welfare system in America.
The Senate Finance Committee held a hearing on proposals to change Social Security including various plans that…
Supplemental Security Income Program
Committee members heard testimony on the Supplemental Security Income Program. Supplemental Security Income…
Affirmative Action Alternatives
Panelists discussed alternatives to the current affirmative action programs that still ensure that discrimination…