Participants discussed the legacy of the Vietnam war, especially how it continues to affect U.S.-Vietnam relations. They examined how the United States should delicately handle establishing formal diplomatic relations with Vietnam.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Le Van Bang Chief Vietnam->U.S. Liaison Office
- Fredrick Brown Associate Director Nitze (Paul H.) School of Advanced International Studies->Southeast Asia
- Virginia Foote President U.S.-Vietnam Trade Council
- Dennis Harter Director Department of State->Vietnam Affairs Office
- Stanley Karnow Author
- Garrick Utley Chief Foreign Correspondent ABC News->London
Fall of Saigon
The panelists discussed the fall of the South Vietnamese city of Saigon, the final event of the Vietnam War, which…
Twenty-five years after the Vietnam War, participants spoke about U.S.-Vietnam relations. They spoke about the…
Washington Monday Journal
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with…
Mr. Bang talked about U.S.-Vietnam relations since the end of the Vietnam War and the prospects for full…