Media Coverage of Women
Participants talked about how the media covers gender-related issues.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Betty Friedan Author
- Shelia Gibbons Spokeswoman Gannett Company
- J. Ford Huffman Representative Gannett News Service
- Jessica Lee Correspondent USA Today
- Ann Lewis Vice President Planned Parenthood Federation of America->Public Policy
- Allen Neuharth Chairman Freedom Forum
- Marlene Sanders Correspondent
- Susan Stamberg Correspondent National Public Radio
- Lynn Sweet Correspondent Chicago Sun-Times
- Sheila Rabb Weidenfeld Press Secretary (Former) White House->First Lady
- Nancy Woodhull President Gannett News Service
- Judy Woodruff Anchor CNN->News
- Betsey Wright Executive Vice President Wexler Group
Beijing: What's the Story?
Female journalists discussed the upcoming 4th United Nations Conference on Women in Beijing, China. They focused…
Breakthroughs and Backlash
The Politics of Polarization 1992
The Freedom Forum sponsored a forum on “Women, Men and Media” to focus on the role of women and minorities…
Women and the First Amendment
Betty Friedan, author of The Feminine Mystique and one of the founders of the National Organization of Women, spoke at…