Do We Need a 3rd Party Candidate in 1996?
Participants examined the viability of a third party campaign in the 1996 presidential election. They also took questions from the audience.
People in this video
- John B. Anderson Presidential Candidate Republican Party
- F. "Chris" Christopher Arterton Founding Dean George Washington University->Graduate School of Political Management
- Ron Evans Chairman Draft Colin Powell Committee
- Andrew Kohut Director (Former) Times Mirror Center for People and Press->Survey Center
- Cokie Roberts Correspondent ABC News->Congress
- Lowell P. Weicker Jr. Governor (Former) I-CT
Democratic Party Outlook for 1996
Panelists speculated on the future of the Democratic Party and especially the 1996 elections.
Congress First 100 Days Reviewed
The panelists reviewed the first 100 days of the 104th Congress and the Republican "Contract With America". They also…
Former Governor Weicker talked about the United We Stand America convention in Dallas this weekend. He also…
The participants discussed and forcasted what will happen in the 1994 elections.