Scholars and practitioners discussed some of the effects of welfare reform and offered their views on jobs and job training, workforce preparation, and future policy considerations. They also answered questions from the audience.
People in this video
- Lee, Ying Staff Member U.S. House of Representatives->Dellums, R. (D-CA)
- Maynard, Rebecca Professor University of Pennsylvania->Education and Social Science
- McFate, Katherine Associate Director Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- Newman, Katherine S. Professor Columbia University->Anthropology
- Nightingale, Demetra Director Welfare Training and Research Program
- Price, Hugh President and CEO National Urban League
- Robinson, Myron President National Urban League->Cleveland, OH
- Rowe, Audrey Executive Vice President National Urban League
- Schundler, Bret Mayor [R] Jersey City
- Stillman, Joseph Partner Conservation Company
- Tershy, Russell President Center for Employment Training
Future of Affirmative Action
Group officials and scholars discussed affirmative action goals for minority contractors, opportunities in higher…
Intelligence and Class Structure in the U.S.
A number of educational and biological academics participated in a panel discussion on \f2The Bell Curve\fR, a recent…
Youth Programs and Alternative Prevention
The speakers described alternative programs for preventing youth crime.
Minorities in Higher Education
The participants discussed affirmative action, scholarships for minorities and standardized testing.