Scholars and practitioners discussed some of the effects of welfare reform and offered their views on jobs and job training, workforce preparation, and future policy considerations. They also answered questions from the audience.
People in this video
- Ying Lee Staff Member U.S. House of Representatives->Dellums, R. (D-CA)
- Rebecca Maynard Professor University of Pennsylvania->Education and Social Science
- Katherine McFate Associate Director Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- Katherine S. Newman Professor Columbia University->Anthropology
- Demetra Nightingale Director Welfare Training and Research Program
- Hugh B. Price President and CEO National Urban League
- Myron Robinson President National Urban League->Cleveland, OH
- Audrey Rowe Executive Vice President National Urban League
- Bret Schundler Mayor [R] Jersey City
- Joseph Stillman Partner Conservation Company
- Russell Tershy President Center for Employment Training
Future of Affirmative Action
Group officials and scholars discussed affirmative action goals for minority contractors, opportunities in higher…
Intelligence and Class Structure in the U.S.
A number of educational and biological academics participated in a panel discussion on \f2The Bell Curve\fR, a recent…
Youth Programs and Alternative Prevention
The speakers described alternative programs for preventing youth crime.
Minorities in Higher Education
The participants discussed affirmative action, scholarships for minorities and standardized testing.