Military Base Closings Part 1
Congressional delegations from New Mexico, South Carolina and Alabama opposed proposals to close or cut back operations at military bases in their states. The commission must submit its final recommendations to President Clinton by July 1.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Glen Browder U.S. Representative [D] Alabama
- James E. Clyburn U.S. Representative [D] South Carolina
- Alan J. Dixon Chair Defense Base Closure and Realignment Cmsn.
- Pete V. Domenici U.S. Senator [R] New Mexico
- Howell T. Heflin U.S. Senator [D] Alabama
- Ernest "Fritz" F. Hollings U.S. Senator [D] South Carolina
- William "Bill" Blaine Richardson U.S. Representative [D] New Mexico
- Marshall "Mark" C. Sanford Jr. U.S. Representative [R] South Carolina
- Steven Schiff U.S. Representative [R] New Mexico
- Joe Skeen U.S. Representative [R] New Mexico
- James "Strom" Strom Thurmond U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina