Military Base Closings Part 1
Congressional delegations from New Mexico, South Carolina and Alabama opposed proposals to close or cut back operations at military bases in their states. The commission must submit its final recommendations to President Clinton by July 1.
People in this video
- Browder, Glen U.S. Representative [D] Alabama
- Clyburn, James E. U.S. Representative [D] South Carolina
- Dixon, Alan J. Chair Defense Base Closure and Realignment Cmsn.
- Domenici, Pete V. U.S. Senator [R] New Mexico
- Heflin, Howell T. U.S. Senator [D] Alabama
- Hollings, Ernest "Fritz" F. U.S. Senator [D] South Carolina
- Richardson, William "Bill" Blaine U.S. Representative [D] New Mexico
- Sanford, Marshall "Mark" C. Jr. U.S. Representative [R] South Carolina
- Schiff, Steven U.S. Representative [R] New Mexico
- Skeen, Joe U.S. Representative [R] New Mexico
- Thurmond, James "Strom" Strom U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina