Japananese Automobile Sanctions
Committee members heard testimony concerning U.S. tariffs on Japanese luxury automobiles and general trade relations between the two nations from administration officials and several policy experts.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Joe Cobb Senior Fellow Heritage Foundation->Economics
- Robert Cole Chairman Automotive Parts Advisory Committee
- Stephan Ecton Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of State->East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- Lee Kadrich Director Automotive Parts and Accessories Assn.
- Carl Levin U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Sander Martin Levin U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- William A. Niskanen Chairman Cato Institute
- Marcus Noland Senior Fellow Institute for International Economics
- Clyde V. Prestowitz Jr. President Economic Strategy Institute
- Ira S. Shapiro Senior Counsel Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- Nathaniel Thayer Director Johns Hopkins University->East Asian Studies
U.S.-Japan Trade Relations
Guests discussed the recent institution of Super 301 by President Clinton to open markets for American…
General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
Economic analysts spoke in a forum during a symposium entitled, “Towards a New Trade Consensus,” on U.S.…
North American Free Trade Agreement
The guest speakers discussed their views on what our trade policy should be other nations and the impact of our current…
Competitiveness of U.S. Auto Industry
The committee heard testimony from economists, automobile industry executives and representatives of labor…