Military Base Closings Part 4
Congressional delegations from Colorado, Connecticut and Florida opposed proposals to close or cut back operations at military bases in their states. The commission must submit its final recommendations to President Clinton by July 1.
People in this video
- George "Hank" Hanks Brown U.S. Senator [R] Colorado
- Alton Cornella Commissioner Defense Base Closure and Realignment Cmsn.
- Alan J. Dixon Chair Defense Base Closure and Realignment Cmsn.
- Christopher "Chris" J. Dodd U.S. Senator [D] Connecticut
- Joseph "Joe" Lieberman U.S. Senator [D] Connecticut
- Joe Scarborough U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Patricia S. Schroeder U.S. Representative [D] Colorado
SR 266: A resolution to express the sense of the Senate regarding the arms cargo of the North Korean merchant ship, Dae…
The Senate continued consideration of the nomination of Clarence Thomas of Georgia to be an Associate Justice of the…
The Senate began consideration of S. 1435, to amend the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, and the Arms Export Control Act.