Washington Monday Journal
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of | the morning newspapers; interviews with journalists, newsmakers… read more
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of | the morning newspapers; interviews with journalists, newsmakers and legislators; and viewer telephone calls, faxes and electronic mail. In the first segment Ms. Page talked about upcoming events in Congress and at the White House. Ms. Biskupic talked by telephone about her article on the recent death of former Chief Justice William Brennan. In the newspaper roundtable, Mr. Oliphant and Mr. McCaslin discussed possible U.S. sanctions against Japan. Mr. McCaslin writes the column “Inside the Beltway.” Schiavone and Naylor previewed the coming week in Congress. In the point-counterpoint segment, retired Admiral Carroll and Rep. Gejdenson debated the merits of the Seawolf submarine, the first of which was launched June 24. In an excerpt, former British Prime Minister Thatcher talked about the recently published second volume of her autobiography. Co-author Barone discussed the newest edition of the \f2Almanac of American Politics\fR, a state-by-state political analysis. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barone, Michael Senior Writer U.S. News and World Report
- Biskupic, Joan Correspondent Washington Post->Supreme Court
- Carroll, Eugene Deputy Director Center for Defense Information
- Collins, Bruce Vice President C-SPAN
- Gejdenson, Samuel "Sam" U.S. Representative [D] Connecticut
- McCaslin, John Correspondent Washington Times
- Naylor, Brian Correspondent National Public Radio
- Oliphant, Tom Columnist Boston Globe
- Page, Susan Correspondent Newsday->White House
- Schiavone, Louise Correspondent Associated Press
- Thatcher, Margaret Prime Minister (Former) United Kingdom->Conservative Party
Washington Journal: Sunday
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with…
Former Prime Minister Perspective
Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher spoke about the second volume of her memoirs, The Path to Power. She…
The guests discussed the Democrats in 1995 and other currentissues.
Mr. Naylor and Ms. Schiavone talked about recent House and Senate action and previewed the coming week.