Medicare University Session 3
Panelists focused on the tax implications of failing to reform Medicare. They talked about how increasing payroll taxes to ensure the solvency of the trust fund would affect the economy on a macro and micro economic level.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cecelia Adams Director International Mass Retailers Assn.
- John Berthoud Representative National Taxpayers Union
- Sharon Canner Vice President National Association of Manufacturers->Human Resources
- Elaine Graham Senior Director National Restaurant Association->Government Affairs
- Richard Jackson Representative Concord Coalition
- David Keating President National Taxpayers Union
- Dan Miller U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Stephen "Steve" Moore Senior Fellow Cato Institute
- Don Nickles U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Martin Regalia Vice President U.S. Chamber of Commerce->Economic Policy
- Aldona Robbins Vice President Fiscal Associates
Oversight of Fannie Mae
Participants talked to reporters about oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac home loan corporations, proposals to…
Washington Wednesday Journal
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with…
BillTally Survey Results
Participants briefed reporters on the organization’s latest BillTally report, which analyzes which members of…
U.S. House First 100 Days Vote Tally
Mr. Keating and Mr. Hewitt briefed reporters and answered questions on the release of findings on how House…