Newborns' and Mothers' Health Protection Act
Committee members heard testimony from physicians and mothers and fathers on legislation that would require health insurance plans to provide at least two days of postnatal hospital care for mothers and infants.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bill Bradley U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Karen Davies Mother Kansas
- Virginia Fallon Mother California
- Kathleen Fitzgerald Physician Rhode Island
- Palma Formica Member American Medical Association->Board of Trustees
- Judith Frank Chief Dartmouth College->Neonatology
- Sharon Levine Physician Permanente Medical Group
- Richard Marshall Chief Harvard University->Pediatrics
- Michael Mennuti Representative American College Obstetrics and Gynecology
Rethinking the Russian Revolution
Senator Bradley spoke about U.S.-Russia relations in the late 1980s and the post-Cold War period. He discussed…
Surgeon General Nomination Vote
Committee members gave final statements, then voted to send the nomination of Dr. Henry Foster to be surgeon…
Surgeon General Day 2
During the second day of confirmation hearings, surgeon general nominee Dr. Foster answered questions from…
Surgeon General Day 1 Part 2
Dr. Foster continued his testimony before the committee.