Occupational Safety and Health Administration
The subcommittee heard testimony on possible changes in the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the effects on workers.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cornelia Blanchette Director General Accounting Office->Employment and Education
- Joseph Dear Administrator Occupational Safety and Health Admin.
- Lee Anne Elliott Executive Director Voluntary Protection Progs. Partic. Assn
- James Hamilton President United Association of Journeymen
- Glenn Rondeau Manager Bowater Great Northern Paper Company->Safety
- William Steinmetz Manager Midland Engineering->Safety
- Michael Wright Director United Steelworkers of America->Health and Safety
Occupational Safety & Health Act of 1970
The committee heard testimony on proposed revisions to the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970. The Occupational…
Family members of miners killed in mining disasters in West Virginia in January 2006, and in Alabama in 2001 testified…
Unfunded Mandates and Medicaid
Committee members heard testimony from local and federal health care officials concerning how Medicaid programs can be…
Occupational Safety Changes
President Clinton and others talked about changes in the Occupational Safety and Hazards Administration to increase…