Public Role for Vice Presidents
The participants discussed press coverage of vice presidents, the Twenty-third Amendment on the replacement of an incapacitated president, and other topics.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Robert H. Ferrell Professor Emeritus Indiana University->History Department
- Richard Neustadt Professor Harvard University->Kennedy (J.F.) School of Government
- Hugh Sidey Correspondent Time Magazine
- Charles "Chase" G. Untermeyer Executive Assistant (Former) White House->Office of the Vice President
- Timothy G. Walch Director Hoover (Herbert) Presidential Library and Museum
Vice Presidents as National Leaders
Professor Neustadt, who served under Presidents Kennedy and Johnson, spoke about how the role of the vice president has…
Mr. Walch gave the C-SPAN crew a tour of the Herbert Hoover museum.
Book Discussion on Hoover, The Fishing President: Portrait of the Private Man
Hal Elliott Wert talked about his book Hoover, The Fishing President: Portrait of the Private Man and His Life…
Herbert Hoover Presidential Library
The first in a series on presidential libraries focused on Herbert Hoover’s life and career using rarely-seen…