Women Voters in the 1996 Elections
A coalition of 110 women’s organizations announced a year-long campaign called “Women’s Vote '96,” designed to increase the number of women voting in next year’s elections.
People in this video
- Chrystl Bridgeforth Executive Director Coalition of Labor Union Women
- Jo Beth Brown Vice President Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc.->Media Message Campaign
- Anne L. Bryant Executive Director American Association of University Women
- Audrey Tayse Haynes Executive Director National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs
- Nita Lowey U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Constance "Connie" A. Morella U.S. Representative [R] Maryland
- Irene Natividad Chair Women's Vote '96
- Elisa Sanchez Vice President Mexican American National Women's Org.
- Harriett Woods Vice Chair Women's Vote '96
Men and Women Candidates' Success Rates
Participants spoke to reporters about survey results concerning success rates of men and women candidates.
N.O.W. Rally: Women's Lives/Women's Equality
Voter Turnout Strategies
WomenVote USA hosted the forum “Colloquium on Women Voters: The Defining Vote.” Female strategists…