U.S. HDTV Policy Crossroads: Panel 1
As part of a conference titled, “At the Crossroads of U.S. HDTV Policy,” industry representatives talked about the development… read more
As part of a conference titled, “At the Crossroads of U.S. HDTV Policy,” industry representatives talked about the development of high definition television policies. Panelists attempted to assess how high definition television (HDTV) will impact American life, defense, and communications. Economic feasibility was also addressed. After their presentations, the speakers answered audience members' questions. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Parker Borg Senior Deputy Director Department of State->International Communications
- Thomas Cohen Counsel Senate Commerce, Science and Transp. Cmte.
- Craig Fields Deputy Director DARPA->Research
- Donald "Don" Lawrence Ritter U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Konnie Schaefer Senior Fellow Annenberg Washington Program
- Richard Wiley Senior Partner Wiley, Rein, and Fielding
- Yvonne Zecca Associate Director Annenberg Washington Program
U.S. HDTV Policy Crossroads: Panel 2
Broadcast officials discussed the pros and cons of high definition television (HDTV) and the feasibility of its…
Industry Perspectives on HDTV
As part of a conference titled, “At the Crossroads of U.S. HDTV Policy,” industry representatives talked…
HDTV in Europe and Japan
This program is part of “At the Crossroads of U.S. HDTV Policy” conference.
Childrens' Television in Other Countries Pt.2