National Civil Rights Symposium Part 2
Participants discussed the impact of the Voting Rights Act on minority participation in the political system. They focused on a… read more
Participants discussed the impact of the Voting Rights Act on minority participation in the political system. They focused on a variety of issues, including recent court cases concerning gerrymandering of congressional districts and voting by incarcerated persons. Following the discussion, participants took questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Kathryn Butler Professor University of South Carolina->Law School
- Jesse Jackson Founder National Rainbow Coalition
- Pamela S. Karlan Professor Harvard University->Law School
- Alan Keyes Talk Show Host WCBM Radio
- Randolph McLaughlin Professor Pace University
- Barbara Phillips Moderator
- Frances Fox Piven Professor City University of New York->Political Science
- Paul Robinson Professor Northwestern University->School of Law
- Andrew Shapiro Student Columbia University->Law School
- Harold W. Stanley Professor University of Rochester
National Civil Rights Symposium Part 1
Participants discussed the impact of the Voting Rights Act on minority participation in the political system. They…
Republican Contract with America
The coalition held a three day conference, called "Defending the Family: Strategies for Economic Justice and Hope". In…
Ms. Height and Mr. Wiesel received Freedom Awards after delivering remarks.
Conference on Freedom Keynote Speech
Former President Carter gave the keynote address at a forum on College Campus Race Relations.