Washington Thursday Journal
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with journalists, newsmakers… read more
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with journalists, newsmakers and legislators; and viewer telephone calls, faxes and electronic mail. In the first segment, Mr. Garrett talked about the role of populism in the Republican campaign and other issues. Mr. Hines talked about the Republican presidential contest from Manchester, NH. In the next segment, Mr. O’Leary and Mr. Zogby talked about the presidential race and other issues. In the next segment, Mr. Fallows and Mr. Kurtz talked about their recent books about the relationship between the media and politics. In the last segment, Mr. Scully talked about how C-SPAN would cover the New Hampshire preview. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- James Fallows Editor Atlantic Monthly->Washington, DC
- Major E. Garrett Deputy Editor Washington Times->National
- Cragg Hines Bureau Chief Houston Chronicle->Washington Bureau
- Howard Kurtz Correspondent Washington Post->Media Affairs
- Brad O'Leary President P/M Consulting Corp.
- Steven Scully Producer C-SPAN
- Susan Swain Executive Vice President C-SPAN
- Chris Tarris Director Sales
- Carl Toeple Principal (Former) Wisconsin
- James J. Zogby Founder and President Arab American Institute
Cable Television and Campaign 96
The panelists discussed how their cable networks are covering the 1996 presidential campaign.
Washington Sunday Journal
Interviews, video clips and vignettes illustrated the political issues and events of the previous week. Topics…
Book Discussion on Spin Cycle
Mr. Kurtz talked about Spin Cycle: Inside the Clinton Propaganda Machine, which examines the relationships between…
Washington Monday Journal
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with…