Who's a Journalist? Talk Show Sensationalism
In this often boisterous session, journalists and talk show hosts debate the definition of “journalist” and the merits of alternative television news formats.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Alfred Friendly Director Columbia University->Media and Society Seminars
- Don Hewitt Executive Producer CBS->60 Minutes
- Stanley Hubbard President and CEO Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc.
- Larry King Talk Show Host CNN->Larry King Live
- Jack Nelson Chief Correspondent Los Angeles Times->Washington Bureau
- Geneva Overholser Editor Des Moines Register
- Robert Pittman President and CEO Quantum Media, Inc.
- Geraldo Rivera Talk Show Host Geraldo
- John Seigenthaler Sr. Editorial Director USA Today
- Thomas "Tom" W. Shales Editor Washington Post->Television