Government Ethics and Lobbying Reform
The subcommittee heard testimony on proposed legislation which would reform lobbying regulations.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Jon D. Fox U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Marcy Kaptur U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Donald Simon Executive Vice President Common Cause
- Brent Thompson Executive Director Fair Government Foundation
- Robert Tobias National President National Treasury Employees Union
- James A. Traficant Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Frederick "Fred" S. Upton U.S. Representative [R] Michigan
- Richard "Dick" Zimmer U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Charles Canady U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Michael Patrick Flanagan U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
Free Speech and Campaign Finance Reform
Subcommittee members heard testimony from members of Congress and, constitutional law experts and others concerning the…
Rep. Flanagan talked about crime prevention and block grants to states for crime control.
Bilingual Voting Requirements Repeal
The subcommittee heard testimony from members of Congress, legal experts and others on H.R. 351, a proposal to repeal…
Washington Saturday Journal
Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with…