Subcommittee on Foreign Operations concluded hearings on S. 760, to implement the bipartisan agreement of March 24, 1989 on Central America by providing continued humanitarian assistance to the Nicaraguan Resistance.
People in this video
- Baker, James A. III Secretary Department of State
- Mathison, David Deputy Legal Adviser Department of State
- D'Amato, Alfonse M. U.S. Senator [R] New York
- Harkin, Thomas "Tom" U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Kasten, Robert "Bob" W. Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Wisconsin
- Kerrey, J. "Robert" Robert U.S. Senator [D] Nebraska
- Leahy, Patrick J. U.S. Senator [D] Vermont
- Mikulski, Barbara A. U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Nickles, Don U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Specter, Arlen U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
Aid to Panama & Nicaragua
The committee discussed supplemental appropriations for fiscal year 1990, including an aid package for Panama,…
Fiscal Year 1991 Appropriations
Secretary Baker testified on the proposed budget for the Department of State.
1992 Foreign Operations Appropriations Day 2
The subcommittee continued to hear testimony on the Middle East peace process from Secretary of State James Baker, who…
Senate Appropriations Committee
The committee heard testimony on foreign aid proposals.