Affirmative Action in California
Governor Wilson and others testified about the California initiative to abolish some affirmative action policies. Members of the second panel opposed abolishing affirmative action.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Linda Chavez-Thompson Executive Vice President AFL-CIO
- Erwin Chemerinsky Professor University of Southern California->Law
- Lee Cheng Student University of California, Berkeley->Law
- Ward Connerly Chairman California Civil Rights Initiative
- Audrey Rice Oliver Executive Integrated Business Systems, Inc.
- Pete Wilson Governor [R] California
- Orrin Hatch U.S. Senator [R] Utah
Affirmative Action Review
Committee members heard testimony from several persons who testified about the perceived unequal treatment they…
Affirmative Action Debate
Mr. Connerly and Professor Dyson debated the effectiveness of affirmative action. They discussed whether…
Affirmative Action Alternatives
Panelists discussed alternatives to the current affirmative action programs that still ensure that discrimination…
Assistant Attorney General Nomination
Senators met to discuss the status of Bill Lann Lee, President Clinton’s Assistant Attorney General for Civil…