Drug Administration Approval Process
In the second day of hearings, committee members heard from health researchers and health industry representatives concerning three bills… read more
In the second day of hearings, committee members heard from health researchers and health industry representatives concerning three bills designed to accelerate the FDA approval process for both food and drugs. Key points in the proposals include allowing firms seeking approval to hire outside agencies to conduct safety tests, which the FDA presently conducts exclusively, and requiring the FDA to show that a product is unsafe rather than a firm showing that it will not produce harm. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard Beebe Manager Compaq Computer Corporation->Regulatory Affairs
- James Benson Senior Vice President Health Industry Manufacturers Assoc.
- David Burt General Counsel Ergo Science Corporation
- Kimberly Calder Director Cancer Care, Inc.->Public Policy
- Ellen Cooper Director American Foundation for AIDS Research->Research
- James Cope President Nonprescription Drug Manufacturer Assn.
- Joe DiMasi Director Tufts Center for Study of Drug Develop.->Economic Analysis
- Roger Foster General Counsel Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Frederick Goodwin Director National Institute of Mental Health
- Mary Hamilton Official General Accounting Office->Human Services
- Neil Kahanovitz President Center for Patient Advocacy
- Michael Langdon Director National Organization for Rare Disorders->Public Policy
- Thomas Moore Researcher American Foundation for AIDS Research
- Jay Moscowitz Associate Dean Wake Forest University->School of Medicine
- Carl Peck Researcher Georgetown University Medical Center
- John Scheels Director Eckerd Corporation->Government Affairs
- Patsy Stewart Activist Florida->AIDS
- Sidney Wolfe M.D. Director Public Citizen->Health Research Group
- Robert Young Physician Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Michael Bilirakis U.S. Representative [R] Florida
Food and Drug Product Approval Process
The committee heard testimony on the Food and Drug Administration’s approval process for new drugs and other…
FDA Enforcement Policies
The committee heard testimony from persons in the Food and Drug Administration on the performance of the FDA in…
Food and Drug Administration Enforcement
The subcommittee heard testimony from representatives of the Food and Drug Administration on the enforcement of the…
FDA Approval Process Part 2
Witnesses testified about three bills designed to accelerate the FDA approval process for both food and drugs. Key…