The Deficit Mess
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- William Diefenderfer Deputy Director Office of Management and Budget
- Robert Greenstein Founder and Executive Director Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Nancy L. Kassebaum U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Alice M. Rivlin Director (Former) Brookings Institution->Economic Studies
- Timothy E. Wirth U.S. Senator [D] Colorado
U.S. Fiscal Policy
Nine public policy institutes cosponsored a conference on U.S. fiscal policy. Following several speeches, two…
The Senate agreed to S. Res. 120, expressing the sense of the Senate relating to free and fair elections in…
Federal Budget Reform
The committee discusses improving the federal budget process by establishing biennial budgeting.
The Senate continued consideration of H.R. 4404. During debate, eight amendments were adopted, all by voice votes, and…