International Trade and Campaign Issues
Mr. Shapiro discussed the automobile trade agreement with Japan which was signed last year, reviewing the resulting improvements for… read more
Mr. Shapiro discussed the automobile trade agreement with Japan which was signed last year, reviewing the resulting improvements for U.S. automobile manufacturers. In a separate speech, Mr. Will explored the probable issues of the upcoming presidential campaign, including values, education, welfare reform, the record of the Clinton administration, and the possible victory of Senator Dole. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Richard Kull Officer American Intl. Automobile Dealers Assn.
- David Mungenast Officer American Intl. Automobile Dealers Assn.
- Ira S. Shapiro General Counsel (Former) Office of the U.S. Trade Representative
- George Will Syndicated Columnist Washington Post Writers Group
- Wayne Williams Chairman American Intl. Automobile Dealers Assn.->Board of Directors
Taxes, the Budget and Trade
Dole Campaign Speech
Senator Dole spoke about his decision to leave the Senate and run for the presidency. He then outlined his agenda…
Automobile Consumer Protection Issues
Panelists discussed how government agencies can better protect consumers in purchasing, leasing and repairing…
Auto Air Bag Safety and Child Protection
The committee heard testimony from industry specialists on whether air bags are dangerous for children. Several…