The Russian Election
The participants analyzed the results of the Russian presidential election and speculated about the July runoff election and its impact on U.S.-Russia relations.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Coit Blacker Deputy Director White House->National Security Council
- Eugene Lawson President U.S.-Russia Business Council
- Stephen Sestanovich Director Center for Strategic and International Studies->Soviet and East European Studies
- Dimitri K. Simes President Center for the National Interest
- Angela E. Stent Associate Professor Georgetown University->Department of Government
U.S.-Russia Trade and Investment Part 4
The participants discussed the June presidential election in Russian and how politics in Russia affects U.S.-Russia…
Immediately following a speech by Vice President Gore, Mr. Simes discussed U.S.-Russia relations and the…
Russian Elections Impact
Deputy Secretary Talbott talked about last week’s re-election of Boris Yeltsin as president of Russia. He…
Russian Political Climate
Mr. Simes, a foreign policy adviser to President Nixon, discussed his recent meetings with senior leaders of…