Welfare and Medicaid Reform
Senators heard testimony on welfare reform and the responsibilities of the system to support families and encourage work. Policy experts testified about budgetary and policy concerns, and possible reform methods.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles "Charlie" D. Baker Jr. Secretary Massachusetts->Administration and Finance
- Karen Davis President Commonwealth Fund
- David T. Ellwood Assistant Secretary Department of Health and Human Services->Planning
- Charles Hobbs Consultant Oregon->Full Employment Program
- Stephen Martin State Senator
- Arnold Tompkins Director Ohio->Human Services
- William V. Roth Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Delaware
Several senators made brief opening statements. Then the committee heard testimony from Secretary Shalala and…
Social Security Taxes for Domestic Workers
Medicare and Welfare Reform
Assault on Affirmative Government
Panelists examined the current backlash against the government as the cause of various problems, including economic…