Minorities in Higher Education
The participants discussed affirmative action, scholarships for minorities and standardized testing.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Nancy Cole President Educational Testing Service
- Christopher Edley Jr. Professor Harvard University->Law School
- Charles Kiesler Chancellor University of Missouri, Columbia
- Joyce Payne Director National Assn. of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges->Advancement of Public Black Colleges
- Hugh B. Price President and CEO National Urban League
- Georgina Verdugo Counsel Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund->Washington, DC
Intelligence and Class Structure in the U.S.
A number of educational and biological academics participated in a panel discussion on \f2The Bell Curve\fR, a recent…
George Washington University Commencement
During an outdoor ceremony, Mr. Price, Mr. Lichtenstein, Mr. Collins, Mr. Rabin, Ms. Edelman…
Building Stronger Communities
Panelists discussed how to motivate various constituencies and foster cooperation among many groups to reinforce…
Youth Programs and Alternative Prevention
The speakers described alternative programs for preventing youth crime.