Libertarian Convention Nomination Speeches
On the final day of their convention, Libertarian delegates gathered to nominate the presidential candidate. The results were as… read more
On the final day of their convention, Libertarian delegates gathered to nominate the presidential candidate. The results were as follows: Ohmen-- 20, Schiff-- 32, None of the above-- 60, Rick Tompkins-- 74 and Harry Browne-- 416. Delegates then voted on pieces of the platform which had been debated the previous two days. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dean Ahmad Delegate Libertarian Party->Maryland
- Dave Bergland Chairman (Former) Libertarian Party->By-Laws Committee
- John Buttrick Gubernatorial Candidate L-AZ->Libertarian Party
- Ed Clark Presidential Candidate (Former) Libertarian Party
- Michael Cloud Delegate Libertarian Party
- Steven Dasbach Chairman Libertarian Party->National Committee
- Mike Ginsburg Chair Libertarian Party->Illinois
- George L. O'Brien U.S. Representative Candidate L-CA->Libertarian Party
- Terry Savage Candidate L-CA->State Assembly
- Norma Segal U.S. Senate Candidate L-NY->Libertarian Party
Libertarian Party Convention Day 1 Part 2
In the afternoon session, Libertarian delegates discussed the party budget and bylaws. They then debated and voted…
Call to Order and Opening Keynote Speech
Mr. Cloud, U.S. Senate candidate in Nevada, delivered the keynote address at the annual Libertarian convention.
The treasurer and other officers conducted the business meeting of the convention and answered questions from delegates.
Libertarian Convention Acceptance Speeches
In the final portion of their convention, Libertarian delegates gathered to nominate the vice presidential candidate…