Minimum Wage Issues
Participants spoke with reporters about progress in the minimum wage issue, including the Bond amendment to be offered in the Senate by Republicans, which would allow small businesses exemptions from the proposed increase.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Byron L. Dorgan U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Audrey Tayse Haynes Executive Director National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs
- Stephen Hightower President Hi-Mark Corporation
- Edward "Ted" M. Kennedy U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Brian McCarthy Owner McCarthy Flowers
- Robert B. Reich Secretary Department of Labor
- Paul S. Sarbanes U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
Democratic leaders briefed reporters on how the implementation of the minimum wage increase would help those who are…
Minimum Wage Increase Proposal
The participants, who support a boost in the minimum wage, proposed an increase to the minimum wage. They also…
Senators debated the conference report on welfare reform legislation that would allow states more control over the…