Democratic Platform Hearing
Platform committee members heard testimony from representatives of various groups concerning several issues addressed in the Democratic… read more
Platform committee members heard testimony from representatives of various groups concerning several issues addressed in the Democratic party platform. After these remarks, the platform committee debated and voted on amendments to the platform. The platform was drafted after hearings in Kansas City in early July. This was the final meeting of the Democratic platform committee. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Debra DeLee Chief Executive Officer Democratic National Committee->Convention
- Paul Elston Member New York, NY->Platform Committee
- Donald Fowler Chairman Democratic National Committee
- Joseph Ganim Mayor [D] Bridgeport
- Gary Gayton Businessman Seattle, WA
- Barbara B. Kennelly U.S. Representative [D] Connecticut
- Lewis Manilow Officer National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
- Sandra McArthur Member Philadelphia, PA->Platform Committee
- Zell Miller Governor (Former) [D] Georgia
- Tom Schneider Businessman Annapolis, MD
- Mary Elizabeth Teasley Director National Education Association->Government Relations
After the platform committee meeting, several Democratic leaders talked to the media.
Democratic Convention Afternoon Session
Democratic Platform Drafting Meeting
The committee worked on an initial draft of the Democratic Party platform prior to next month’s Democratic…
Democratic Delegate Electronic Voting
Mr. Fowler and Ms. DeLee demonstrated how Democratic delegates can vote by telephone for reporters.