South & Central America Regional Hearing
The Subcommittee on Foreign Operations, Export Financing and Related Programs held a hearing on Latin and Central America Regional and on the Inter-American Foundation to consider foreign assistance appropriations.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Charles Berk General Counsel Inter-American Foundation
- Richard Brown Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Defense
- Adolfo Franco Deputy General Counsel Inter-American Foundation
- Michael G. Kozak Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of State->Inter-American Affairs
- Diehl McKalip Director Defense Security Assis. Agency->Operations
- Peter Romero Deputy Director Department of State->Central American Affairs
- Fred Schleck Assistant Administrator (Acting) U.S. Agency for International Development
- Deborah Szekely President Inter-American Foundation
- Ronald D. Coleman U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- William Lehman U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Jerry Lewis U.S. Representative [R] California
- Matthew McHugh U.S. Representative [D] New York
- David R. Obey U.S. Representative [D] Wisconsin
Western Hemisphere Issues
Witnesses testified about U.S. relations with other western hemisphere countries, including issues such as aid and the…
Central American Immigrants
Committee ordered favorably reported the nominations of several Ambassadorial appointees, including that of Donald…
Central American Policy Under Bush Admin.
Solving the Latin American Debt Problem