New Media Impact on U.S. Democracy
Panelists discussed the impact of talk radio and television programs on presidential politics. They examined why candidates utilize… read more
Panelists discussed the impact of talk radio and television programs on presidential politics. They examined why candidates utilize these new media to communicate with voters and why voters use these forums to obtain much of their information about the candidates. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Tom Brokaw Anchor NBC Television->Nightly News
- James Fallows Editor Atlantic Monthly->Washington, DC
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson Dean University of Pennsylvania->Annenberg School for Communication
- Marvin Kalb Founding Director Harvard University->Shorenstein (Joan) Center on the Press, Politics, and Public Policy
- Mary Matalin Talk Show Host CBS Radio News
- Tim Russert Moderator NBC->"Meet the Press"
Covering President Clinton
Mr. McCurry talked about both positive and negative trends in news coverage and the relations between the press…
Media Coverage of the White House
In a speech titled “Parsing the Theater of the Absurd,” Mr. McCurry talked about the role of White…
Political Families in the Limelight
Ms. Perez spoke about media coverage of politicians and their families. She said that those involved in…
Representative Armey Interview
Ms. Matalin interviewed Rep. Armey on her radio show. He talked about economy policy.