Democratic Convention Session Preview
The guests discussed media coverage of the convention and campaign issues. Live shots of the convention floor were shown and some delegates were interviewed. Telephone lines were opened for viewer comments.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ruth Marcus Correspondent Washington Post
- Gary Smith Executive Producer Democratic National Committee->Convention
- Susan Swain Executive Vice President C-SPAN
- Laura D. Tyson Chair (Former) White House->Council of Economic Advisers
- Kathy Vick Secretary Democratic National Committee
Democratic Convention Media Coverage
Mr. Kurtz talked about how television coverage has changed political conventions over the last 45 years among…
Tipper Gore Speech Preparations
Mrs. Gore, wife of the vice president, was shown at the podium in the United Center preparing for her speech…
Following the convention session, live shots were shown of the convention floor as delegates left. Some delegates…
Hillary Clinton Speech Preparations
Mrs. Clinton could be seen at the podium in the United Center as she talked with advisers about the speech she…