African American Voting Issues
The panelists discussed the place of the black voter in the U.S. electoral system, the significance of the black vote, whether political… read more
The panelists discussed the place of the black voter in the U.S.
electoral system, the significance of the black vote, whether
political parties take the black vote for granted and other issues.
Following their prepared remarks, they took questions from audience members. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Marlon Allen Chairman 100 Black Men of America->Development
- Michael A. Brown Director America's Fund->Politics
- Karen Crump Vice President Coalition of 100 Black Women
- Yvonne Scruggs-Leftwich Executive Director and COO Black Leadership Conference
- Jay Clay Smith Professor Howard University->School of Law
- Alvin Thornton Professor Howard University->Political Science
Hosting OrganizationMore Hosting Organizations
African Americans in Electoral Process
Mr. Thornton discussed the history and role of African Americans in the American electoral process. He…
African-American Voter Participation
Participants talked about levels of voter turn out in the 2002 midterm elections among the African-American community…
At its second legislative summit which focused on the devolution of powers and responsibilities to state and local…
African-American Sailors in the Civil War
Participants discussed the role of African-Americans in Union naval forces during the Civil War. Each of the…