Political Legacy of the New Deal
The panelists discussed the importance of the New Deal in postwar U.S. politics through the continuing debate over programs such as social security and welfare. Following their prepared remarks, they took questions from the audience.
People in this video
- Alan Brinkley Professor Columbia University->History
- Eugene "E.J." Joseph Dionne Jr. Correspondent Washington Post
- Michael Lacey Director Wilson (Woodrow) International Center for Scholars->American Studies
- Glenn C. Loury Professor Boston University->Economics Department
- Felix G. Rohatyn Senior Partner Lazard Freres and Co.->New York (State)
Our American Democracy
Panel members talked about American democracy and leadership throughout our history.
Information Age and Environment
Participants talked about the uses of on-line technology to solve environmental problems and about how the Internet…
Emerging Issues in Environmental Policy
Ms. Graham talked outlined the course of a conference on the environment and traced the development of the…
Book Discussion on Religion Returns to the Public Square
Professor McClay joined in a talk about the book he co-edited, Religion Returns to the Public Square: Faith and Policy…