Defense & Arms Control Policies
Committee resumed hearings on the future of U.S.-Soviet relations, focusing on defense and arms control policy.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barry Blechman President Defense Forecasts, Inc.
- Angelo M. Codevilla Senior Research Fellow Hoover Institution at Stanford University
- Stephen Larrabee Vice President Institute for East-West Security Studies
- Robert McNamara Secretary (Former) Department of Defense
- Steven Rosefielde Professor University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Edward III Warner Senior Analyst RAND Corporation->Defense
- Joseph "Joe" R. Biden Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Charles S. Robb U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
Chemical Weapons Proliferation
Committee held hearings on the nature and extent of the threat for chemical and biological weapons proliferation.
Chemical Weapons Use
The committee held hearings to review the results of the recent Paris Conference on chemical weapons use, and how to…
Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia
The subcommittee assessed an executive branch proposal for a $3.1 billion sale of 315 M-182 tanks and other military…
The committee continues hearings on a treaty between the U.S. and the Soviet Union to eventually phase out intermediate…