The Presidential Transition Period
Former members of the Carter, Reagan, Bush and Clinton transition teams discussed their experiences in the transition from campaigning to governing. They offered suggestions for the 1996 transition.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Frank J. Donatelli Special Assistant (Former) White House->Office of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Charles O. Jones Fellow Brookings Institution->Government Studies
- Thomas E. Mann Director Brookings Institution->Government Studies
- Harrison Wellford Executive Associate Director Office of Management and Budget
- Anne Wexler Chairman Wexler Group
The Role of the Press in the Transition
The participants discussed the role the media plays in the transition from campaigning to presidential governing.
Social Science and Welfare Reform
Participants talked about a new Brookings report on welfare reform. Four of the report’s ten contributors…
Ethics in Congress
Professor Thompson talked about his new book which deals with congressional ethics. He also took questions from…
Beyond Gridlock Panel 1
Journalists and policy analysts reviewed the relationship between the 103rd Congress and the Clinton administration.