White Mountain Apache Tribe
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- William Allen Chairman U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Claudeen Bates Arthur General Counsel White Mountain Apache Tribe
- Robert A. Destro Commissioner U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- John C. Eastman Director U.S. Commission on Civil Rights->Congressional and Public Affairs
- William Gillers Solicitor U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- William J. Howard General Counsel U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Melvin Jenkins Staff Director (Acting) U.S. Commission on Civil Rights
- Reno Johnson Chairman White Mountain Apache Tribe
- Andrew Kane Chief of Police White Mountain Apache Tribe
- Herbert Tate Member White Mountain Business Cncl.
- Peter Taylor Counsel Senate Select Indian Affairs Committee
Indian Self-Determination Act
Committee held oversight hearings on the implementation of amendments to the Indian Self-Determination Act.
Commission Reauthorization Briefing
Alcohol and Native Americans
The committee heard testimony on the impact of alcohol labelling and marketing on American Indians. Witnesses at…
Tribal Justice Initiative
The witnesses testified about the joint Justice and Interior Departments' tribal justice initiative. Committee…