After meeting with President Clinton, Secretary Shalala and several AIDS experts talked to reporters. They talked about the state of AIDS research. December 1 is World AIDS Day.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Anthony S. Fauci M.D. Director National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- Patricia Fleming Director White House->Office of National AIDS Policy
- Helene D. Gayle M.D. Director Centers for Disease Control and Prevention->HIV Center
- Bill Paul Researcher National Institutes of Health->AIDS
- Donna E. Shalala Secretary Department of Health and Human Services
- Harold E. Varmus M.D. Director National Institutes of Health
White House AIDS Policy
After meeting with the president, Ms. Fleming and Dr. Hitt talked with reporters about the new AIDS…
Health Care Quality Commission
After the presidential announcement of the Health Care Quality Commission, Secretaries Shalala and Metzler and two…
Drug Control Strategy
After meeting with President Clinton, several members of the administration’s Drug Control task forces talked to…
After meeting with Vice President Gore and others, administration officials and Mr. Koop and Mr. Kessler…