Surface Transportation Alternatives
Members of Congress and the administration and state and local officials celebrated the fifth anniversary of signing of the Intermodal… read more
Members of Congress and the administration and state and local officials celebrated the fifth anniversary of signing of the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act. The bill shifted the transportation priorities exclusively away from the automobile toward other forms of transportation, both to reduce traffic congestion and to improve air quality, and will expire in September if not reauthorized. Several members of Congress, cabinet officials and others stressed the importance of projects already initiated under the bill and the importance of its continuance. close
People in this video
- Hank Dittmar Executive Director Surface Transportation Policy Project
- Larry Filler Chairman Association for Commuter Transportation->Public Policy
- David Gardiner Assistant Administrator Environmental Protection Agency
- Dale Marisco Executive Director Community Transportation Assn. of Amer.
- William Millar President American Public Transportation Assn.
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan U.S. Senator [D] New York
- James L. Oberstar U.S. Representative [D] Minnesota
- Federico Pena Secretary Department of Transportation
- Thomas "Tom" Petri U.S. Representative [R] Wisconsin
- Nick Joe Rahall U.S. Representative [D] West Virginia
- Rodney E. Slater Administrator Federal Highway Administration
- Buddy Villines Chairman Association of Metropol.Planning Orgs.
- David Winstead Secretary Maryland->Transportation
The Federal Fuel Tax and Rising Fuel Costs
Witnesses testified about the effects of rising fuel costs on the transportation industry and a proposal to reduce…
Funding the Highway Trust Fund
A hearing was held on the report of the National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission which was…
Hours of Service Rules for Motor Carriers
Committee members heard testimony on the Department of Transportation’s proposed 'hours of service' rules for…
The House passed H.R. 2950, to develop a national intermodal surface transportation system, to authorize funds for…