Private Mortgage Insurance
The committee heard testimony on private mortgage insurance. Members were investigating complaints that this kind of insurance is often sold to homeowners when it is no longer necessary.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- James Vear Hansen U.S. Representative [R] Utah
- William Lacy Chairman and CEO Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation
- Ron McCord President American Mortgage and Investment Company
- Brian McDonnell President and CEO Navy Federal Credit Union
- Michelle Meier Counsel Consumers Union->Government Affairs
- Layne Morrill Vice President National Association of Realtors
- Kenneth Nicholson President Nicholson and Company
- Frank Sutkowski Executive Vice President Liberty Bank
- Alfonse M. D'Amato U.S. Senator [R] New York
Federal Deposit Insurance Premiums
The witnesses testified on the increase in deposit insurance corporation premiums to protect the bank insurance fund.
105th Congress Agenda
Members of Congress spoke at a briefing for corporate executives and lobbyists on the agenda for the 105th…
Committee members heard testimony from officials on fees many banks charge at their Automatic Teller Machines for…
Consumer Credit and Debt
Committee members heard testimony from federal banking officials concerning the effect of rising consumer delinquency…