Washington Journal: Wednesday Current news events and political issues were examined through reviews of the morning newspapers; interviews with journalists, newsmakers and legislators; and viewer telephone calls, faxes and electronic mail.
People in this video
- Roy Eaton Chairman National Newspaper Association
- Thelma LeBrecht Correspondent Associated Press
- Lockwood Phillips Treasurer National Newspaper Association
- Robert "Bob" F. Smith U.S. Representative [R] Oregon
- Charles W. Stenholm U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Robert Wexler U.S. Representative [D] Florida
IMF Proposal Impact on Agriculture Industry
Committee members heard testimony from Chairman Greenspan, Secretary Rubin and Secretary Glickman. They talked…
Agricultural Issues and China MFN
Speaker Gingrich announced that he had sent a letter to House Agriculture Committee chairman Smith pledging support for…
U.S. Farm Economy Status
The committee questioned Secretary of Agriculture Glickman about the status of the U.S. farm economy.