A press conference was held to announce the founding of Project on the Judiciary, a judicial monitoring group. Members of the advisory… read more
A press conference was held to announce the founding of Project on the Judiciary, a judicial monitoring group. Members of the advisory panel and others briefed reporters on the purposes of the group and why they feel it is important to monitor judicial decisions. They argued that more judges are deciding cases based on personal beliefs, rather than simply different legal interpretations. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- R. Alexander Acosta Director Ethics and Public Policy Center->Project on the Judiciary
- William "Bill" J. Bennett Co-Director Empower America
- Charles J. Cooper Assistant Attorney General (Former) Department of Justice->Office of Legal Counsel
- C. Boyden Gray Co-Chairman Citizens for a Sound Economy->Board of Directors
- Edwin Meese III Attorney General (Former) Department of Justice
Who Does the Government Lawyer Represent?
The role of government lawyers was discussed by a panel that included former White House counsels. They talked…
The Transition Between Presidential Administrations
Former White House officials talked about ways to achieve a successful transition between presidential…
Former White House officials described successful and unsuccessful transitions from presidential candidacy to the…
Clinton Administration Executive Decisions
Participants talked about several actions taken in the last days of the Clinton administration and how they would…