Coastal Defense Initiative
The subcommittee held a hearing on H.R. 2647, to provide for the protection and preservation of coastal and Great Lakes environmental quality for present and future generations.
People in this video
- Burton, Kent Deputy Administrator National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin.
- Eichbaum, William Attorney
- Hanmer, Rebecca Assistant Administrator (Acting) Environmental Protection Agency->Water
- Perciasepe, Robert Deputy Secretary Maryland->Environment
- Goss, Porter J. U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Hughes, William J. U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Pallone, Frank Jr. U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Saxton, H. "James" James U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Schneider, Claudine C. U.S. Representative [R] Rhode Island
- Studds, Gerry E. U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Young, Donald "Don" U.S. Representative [R] Alaska
Alaskan Oil Spill
An oversight hearing was held on the clean-up operation of the Exxon-Valdez oil spill.
Ground Water Protection
The committee heard testimony concerning groundwater contamination, including pollution by agricultural…
Safe Drinking Water
The guests discussed the safety of tap and bottled water. The Environmental Working Group released a report…
Pfiesteria Fish Kill Incidents
Subcommittee members heard testimony concerning pfiesteria, a microbe which is responsible for fish-kills and human…