Coastal Defense Initiative
The subcommittee held a hearing on H.R. 2647, to provide for the protection and preservation of coastal and Great Lakes environmental quality for present and future generations.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Rebecca Hanmer Assistant Administrator (Acting) Environmental Protection Agency->Water
- Robert "Bob" Perciasepe Deputy Secretary Maryland->Environment
- Porter J. Goss U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- William J. Hughes U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Frank Pallone Jr. U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- H. "James" James Saxton U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Claudine C. Schneider U.S. Representative [R] Rhode Island
- Gerry E. Studds U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Don Young U.S. Representative [R] Alaska
Alaskan Oil Spill
An oversight hearing was held on the clean-up operation of the Exxon-Valdez oil spill.
Ground Water Protection
The committee heard testimony concerning groundwater contamination, including pollution by agricultural…
Safe Drinking Water
The guests discussed the safety of tap and bottled water. The Environmental Working Group released a report…
Pfiesteria Fish Kill Incidents
Subcommittee members heard testimony concerning pfiesteria, a microbe which is responsible for fish-kills and human…