Radio: "CNN's State of the Union"
Rep. Schiff, Rep. Meehan, Stephen Trimble, and Sean Cassidy discussed upgrading technology for planes in distress in response to… read more
Rep. Schiff, Rep. Meehan, Stephen Trimble, and Sean Cassidy discussed upgrading technology for planes in distress in response to the missing Malaysia Flight 370. Schiff said if the black box was not found in the next two weeks we might never find it and never know exactly what happened." Rep. Meehan said the relationship with the Malaysian government was frustrating.
Luca Centurioni and Art Wright also spoke about the continued search for the plane. Rev. Earl Johnson discussed grief counseling for disasters.
Maxim Van Norden and Bobbie Scholley, diving and salvage consultant, also spoke about searching and mapping the ocean for the plane.
Tony Blinken, Obama’s deputy national security adviser, spoke about Russia-Ukraine relations. He said the president would “bring the world together in support of Ukraine, and isolate Russia for its actions against Ukraine and to reassure our partners in NATO and in Europe.” He also talked about the theories on missing Malaysia Flight 370. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Sean P. Cassidy First Vice President Air Line Pilots Association, International
- Luca Centurioni Associate Researcher Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Candy Crowley Host CNN->"State of the Union"
- Earl E. Johnson National Manager (Former) American Red Cross->Spiritual Care
- Patrick L. Meehan U.S. Representative [R] Pennsylvania
- Adam B. Schiff U.S. Representative [D] California
- Barbara "Bobbie" Scholley Consultant
- Stephen Trimble Managing Editor Washington
- Maxim F. van Norden Coordinator University of Southern Mississippi->Hydrographic Science Masters Degree Program
- Art Wright Operations Manager Williamson & Associates
The House debated a rule governing two bills: H.R. 3189, the Water Rights Protection Act; and H.R. 4015, the SGR Repeal…
House Session, Part 1
The House debated a rule governing three bills, including H.R. 4800, an agriculture spending bill.
House Ceremonial Swearing-In
House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) held a ceremonial swearing-in for members of the 114th Congress.
One Minute Speeches (15 per side) H.Res. __ - Resolution recommending that the House of Representatives find Eric…