Marshall Plan Legacy
Ambassadors from four of the beneficiary countries spoke about the legacy and impact of the Marshall Plan in their respective… read more
Ambassadors from four of the beneficiary countries spoke about the legacy and impact of the Marshall Plan in their respective countries. Then, Rep. Gilman and Mr. McPherson spoke further about the legacy of the plan. This was part of a symposium in honor of the 50th anniversary of the European Recovery Program, named after Secretary of State George C. Marshall who initiated it. close
People in this video
- Benjamin Arthur Gilman U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Nuzhen Kandmir Ambassador Turkey->United States
- Henrik Liljegren Ambassador Sweden->United States
- M. Peter McPherson Administrator (Former) U.S. Agency for International Development
- Costantine Menges Professor George Washington University->Political Science Department
- K. Erik Tygesen Ambassador Denmark->United States
The Marshall Legacy Initiative
Secretary Perry described the symposium as the kickoff of the Marshall Legacy Initiative by the U.S. government over…
Marshall Plan Impact
Panelists discussed the impact of the Marshall Plan on Western Europe. This was part of a symposium in honor of…
Professors Holborn and Steel discussed the impact of the Marshall Plan on post-World War II Europe.
Guests discussed the history and impact of the Marshall Plan.