Software Industry Role in U.S. Economy
Several computer industry leaders held a news conference to stress the importance of the software industry to overall economic… read more
Several computer industry leaders held a news conference to stress the importance of the software industry to overall economic growth. Gates, Bartz, Schmidt and Grove briefed reporters on the importance of the industry to future U.S. economic growth and the need for more support from the federal government to help the industry face challenges such as theft, copyright laws and the use of encryption technology. Then all the executives took questions as a group. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Gordon E. Eubanks Jr. Chairman and CEO Symantec Corporation
- Bill Gates Chief Executive Officer Microsoft
- Andrew Grove President and CEO Intel Corporation
- Robert Holleyman Managing Director Business Software Alliance
- Mitchell Kertzman Chairman Sybase, Inc.
- Jeff Papows President Lotus Development Corporation
- Eric E. Schmidt Chair and CEO Novell
- John Warnock Chairman and CEO Adobe, Inc.
Policy Issues Facing the Software Industry
Computer industry executives met to talk about copyright protection, electronic commerce, encryption and industry…
High Technology Impact on the U.S. Economy
Witnesses testified about how computers and the Internet affected the U.S. economy and how it had changed…
Technology and the New Economy, Day 1
Technology industry leaders testified about how technology was changing the economy and how legislators should approach…
Future of Computing
Mr. Gates talked about computers and the future of the U.S. and about his new book, The Road Ahead. He talked…