Endangered Species and Tribal Lands
Secretaries Babbitt and Daley signed an order calling for a reinterpretaion of the Endangered Species Act concerning the allowable use of Native American tribal lands. Several Native American leaders also participated in the ceremony.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Bruce Babbitt Secretary Department of the Interior
- William M. Daley Secretary Department of Commerce
- Bill Frank President Northwest Indian Fisheries Cmsn.
- Daniel K. Inouye U.S. Senator [D] Hawaii
- Ronnie Lupe Chairman White Mountain Apache Tribe
- Jaime Pinkham Treasurer Nez Perce Tribe
- John Rogers Director (Acting) U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Nelson Wallulatum Chief Wasco Tribe
Endangered Species Act
Secretary Babbitt spoke about the importance of the Endangered Species Act. He elaborated the benefits of the act…
Pension Security Report
President Clinton announced a report by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation that it has posted the first surplus…
Fast-Track Trade Authority Impact
After the president’s announcement on an assistance package for U.S. workers affected by trade agreements,…
Clinton Administration Appointments
President Clinton announced three executive branch appointments: William Daley, a Chicago attorney and brother of Mayor…