Social Security Commission Meeting
Members of the Social Security Reform Commission, also known as the Greenspan Commission, met to review options for the future viability of social security.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- W. "W.R." Reynolds Archer Jr. U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- William "Bill" L. Armstrong U.S. Senator [R] Colorado
- Robert Ball Director (Former) Social Security Administration
- Barber Benjamin Conable Jr. Chairman National Committee on U.S.-China Relations
- Robert "Bob" Joseph Dole U.S. Senator [R] Kansas
- Mary Falvey Fuller Member Social Security Administration->Board of Trustees
- Alan Greenspan Chair and President Townsend-Greenspan
- H. John Heinz U.S. Senator [R] Pennsylvania
- Martha Keys U.S. Representative (Former) [D] Kansas
- Lane Kirkland President AFL-CIO
- Robert Myers Chief Actuary Social Security Administration
- Claude Denson Pepper U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Alexander Trowbridge President Trowbridge Partners, Inc.
The House met to debate legislation concerning the solvency of Social Security.
The Senate heard the Articles of Impeachment for Judge Harry Claiborne.
CR, pp. S551-S730. Senate passed Contra Aid Resolution.
The Senate agreed to S. Res. 120, expressing the sense of the Senate relating to free and fair elections in…