Committee members heard testimony from officials on fees many banks charge at their Automatic Teller Machines for people who aren’t… read more
Committee members heard testimony from officials on fees many banks charge at their Automatic Teller Machines for people who aren’t customers of the bank but use their machines. Sen. D’Amato has proposed legislation to prohibit the surcharges. The ATM officials argued that the surcharges are necessary and not a problem because customers know if they will be charged extra if they use a machine not affiliated with their personal bank. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Donald Baker Assistant Attorney General (Former) Department of Justice->Antitrust Division
- John Bascom President and CEO Magic Line, Inc.
- Thomas Caron President Community Bank League of New England
- Anthony McEwan Director Plus System, Inc.
- Henry Mundt President and CEO Cirrus
- Allen Olson President Independent Community Bankers of Minneso
- Alfonse M. D'Amato U.S. Senator [R] New York
Private Mortgage Insurance
The committee heard testimony on private mortgage insurance. Members were investigating complaints that this kind…
Credit Union Membership
Committee members heard testimony concerning credit union membership. Treasury Department officials and National…
Consumer Credit and Debt
Committee members heard testimony from federal banking officials concerning the effect of rising consumer delinquency…
ATM Fee Limits
The committee heard testimony on legislation that would prohibit the practice of charging consumers twice for the same…